Eating fruit provides nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
Great reasons to eat fruit:
- People who eat more fruit as part of an overall healthy lifestyle are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases
- Fruit provides nutrients vital for health, such as potassium, dietary fibre, vitamin C, and folic acid
- Whole fruits are best—fresh, canned, frozen, or dried—instead of juice
- The sugar naturally found in fruit does not count as added sugar
- Most fruit is naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories
- Fruit does not have cholesterol