Importance of Drinking Water
Water provides everything the body needs – to restore fluids lost through metabolism, breathing, sweating, and the removal of waste. It’s the perfect beverage for quenching thirst and re-hydrating your system and it’s calorie free!
How much water should you drink daily?
- For men – 3 litres (12 standard glasses)
- For women – 2 litres (8 standard glasses)
- Pregnant women and those that are breastfeeding require more
If you are outside on a hot day, or doing something that makes you sweat a lot, you will need to drink more fluids to stay hydrated. The same is true if you have an illness like diarrhea or run a fever.
Benefits of Drinking Water
- Improves memory and mood
- Helps reduce sugar cravings
- Aids weight-loss
- Improves exercise performance
- Reduces headaches and migraines
- Helps prevent constipation in children and adults
- Helps to prevent kidney stones
- Helps reduce the risk of bladder infections
Check out the link below: