It starts with YOU!
- Continue to eat well with plenty of fruit and vegetables. Keep away from fast food!
- Exercise every day, even when you are working from home – try this exercise regime from CNN
- Find time for reflection and calm through yoga, meditation or prayer
- Ensure you implement a sleep routine that guarantees you get the sleep you need
Six Seconds EQ Model
Despite sometimes feeling emotionally overwhelmed during this time, you have the power within you to manage these feelings by asking yourself:
- what am I feeling?
- what options do I have?
- what do I really want from this?
Listen carefully to your answers and begin to lessen the intensity of your emotions, thereby creating a space in which you find the right words and make good decisions.
Helpful Unlocking EQ (UEQ) Profile
Click on this link to complete an online survey and then receive a free customized UEQ Profile report. The Unlocking EQ Profile delivers clear feedback on your current performance and an action plan for using EQ to achieve your goals. You will also be eligible for a free 15-minute virtual debriefing session. Click on the email link to find out more.
Being empathic and compassionate to both your leaving and surviving staff is critical at this time. Watch this video from Dr Brené Brown on the difference between sympathy and empathy.