With a little preparation and inspiration, you can have a healthy, fulfilling, tasty, and inexpensive lunch that will keep you full and focused throughout the afternoon.
- Plan ahead, your lunch doesn’t just happen
- Think balance – does my lunch include, complex carbohydrate, some lean protein, vegetables and fruit and a small amount of fat?
- Use any leftovers from a previous meal saves time
- Prepare cut-up fruit/vegetables ahead of time and leave in a container in the fridge
- Cook in bulk during the weekend for the week ahead
- Eat a healthy breakfast and mid- morning snack to avoid overeating at lunch
- A healthy salad can be a satisfying lunch
- Soups are also a great option – click Delicious Soups and check out these great recipes
- Eat your lunch mindfully –
- Slow down your eating
- Choose foods that take a long time to eat
- Try not to eat on the run
- Focus on your lunch
- Don’t be distracted by work, TV or a book
- Enjoy and savour the taste of your delicious food
Check out the video below for some tasty lunch recipes.